Learn how to surf or improve your style enjoying Fuerteventura fantastic waves! With the support of qualified instructors your surfing will improve in few days. Join our surf school program!
Thursday at 6.30 pm a lesson is held at the surf house: tides, waves and winds forecasts, Fuerte waves map, type of boards. Then we will enjoy a dinner out together at the argentin restaurant (18 euros drink included)!
On saturday we will enjoy a big BBQ at the surf house terrace with allthe instructors!!
Sunday at 6.30 pm another lesson with video support will be held at the surf house.
Once a week, after the surf lesson , we will visit the most famous spots of Fuerteventura, on the North Shore.
Our Surf School has two different levels: Beginners and Intermediates.
Level 1: Beginners
- surfboard basic knowledge
- how to carry the board when you enter the water
- how to lie on the board
- how to behave safely in the water (how to fall, what to do, what not to do)
- regular or goofy positioning
- instructor sign explanation and meaning
- currents basic knowledge, how to paddle and how to go back on the beach
- safety distance explanation
- stand up explanation
- stand up training on the beach and in the water (foam)
- how to paddle
- paddle training and how to catch a wave
- foam catching
- wave explanations
- winds and currents explanations
- how to check a tide chart
- how to make a good take off
- wave watching
From the fourth day:
- how to feel safe in the water
- how to understand the ocean
- how to surf with a shorter board
- basic surfing rules (this needs more days of practice followed by an instructor)
Level 2: Intermediates course
For those already able to surf but wanting to improve their style and technique, or wanting to surf new breaks with an instructor.
The instructors will value your abilities and will let you improve your techniques, teaching new maneuveurs. At the intermediate course you will surf with a resin custom made boards and you will have the possibility to ride different boards according to your skills and sea conditions. This course is held on the same breaks of the beginners one.
During 6 days intermediate course you will be improved in
- paddle technique
- take off on clean waves
- frontside and backside surfing
- Backside railgrab (pig dog tecnique)
- duckdive (or eskimo roll if you are a longborder)
- bottom turn
- abilities in surfing all kinds of boards, shortboard, minbi malibù or longboards
In bad weather conditions (huge swell, strong wind), the lesson will be held out of the water with video support, and than the group will visit the most important spots of the island to look and analize the best surfers right in action